• 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., huge yard sale by Friends of East Bend Public Library at the library. Tablet raffle during event. Numerous usual and unusual items. Rain date Sept. 27. Donations accepted through Sept. 18.
• 10 a.m., the Keepers of the Faith Christian girls club for ages 5 to 18 in Yadkin County will meet at New Birth Worship Center, 1033 Newbirth Drive, East Bend. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 1 p.m., the sixth annual New Hope golf tournament will be held at Silo Run Golf Course to support New Hope Pregnancy Center. Lunch will be served at noon. Register by Sept. 13 at the course, call 336-367-3133 or online at www.newhopepregnancy.com. Cost is $50 per player, or $200 per foursome. For more information, contact New Hope at 336-679-7101.
• 4 to 6 p.m., Mitchell’s Chapel United Methodist Church will have a Music Festival in the church sanctuary. Groups performing are: Cranberry Creek, Cross Anchored, David Green, The Pillsbury Family, The Rhodes Family, and the Mitchell’s Chapel Adult Choir. The church is located at 2410 Center Road, Boonville.
• 5 to 7:30 p.m., “Glow in the Park.” Come join us for an evening for fun with free hot dogs, chips and drinks. Inflatables by Kids Play USA along with music and a special message. Bring a lawn chair and join the fun. This is a free event sponsored by Abstract Church. For more information, check out abstractchurch.org
• 11 a.m. and 5 to 7 p.m., Bethlehem United Methodist Church, 321 Redland Road, Advance, is hosting a Good Neighbor Port-a-Pit chicken/barbecue. Chicken and barbecue lunches may be purchased at the church and beside Nature’s Way Nursery on 801 South beginning at 11 a.m. Supper will be served at the church between 5 and 7 p.m. Takeouts are available. Plates include half chicken or barbecue, slaw, baked beans, roll and dessert. Barbecue will be sold by the pound with four buns and slaw as well. Plates are $9 and pound is $12.
• 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., Boonville United Methodist Church, 116 N. Carolina Ave., will have a church-wide yard sale which will include breakfast, hot dogs for lunch and a bake sale.
• 4 to 8:30 p.m., benefit concert and auction at Center United Methodist Church for Jacob Shore an area child suffering from a rare blood disorder. The High Country Boys, The Sound Factory and The Enon Boys will perform.
• 5 p.m., Christian Round-Up Concert at the Lone Hickory Arena in Yadkinville. The event is free, general seating, and the doors open at 5 p.m. with the event starting at 6 p.m. and a love offering will be taken.
• Mountain View Baptist Church of Hamptonville will be celebrating “108 years in the Lord’s Service” with homecoming Services. They will host two identical morning services at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. and will have their homecoming meal following the 10:30 a.m. service. There will also host a “Singing Service at 7 p.m. Call Mountain View at 336-468-8199 for more information.
• 6:30 p.m., the seventh annual Basket and Tool Bingo will be held in the Surry Community College gym. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., and game at 6:30 p.m. Proceeds go to SCC Knights’ athletic program. Cost is $20 for 20 games. A $30 combo includes 20 regular games, two bonus games and 12 door prize tickets. Hot dogs, pizza, nachos with cheese, baked goods and cold drinks will be available for purchase. For more information, call 336-326-5362 or 336-386-3276.
• Thursdays at Bojangles in Yadkinville, Mark Brown Chaplain at Mountain Valley Hospice and Palliative Care will be heading up an Operation Home Front gathering from 7:30-8:30 a.m. Coffee will be provided and Bojangles has offered to provide a free Bo-Berry biscuit to the veterans who attend. MVHPC honors those who served our country through the We Honor Veterans program.
• Yadkin Farmers Market has in season, local, farm fresh produce. Monthly drawings to win a market basket full of goodies. Located behind the Town Community Park at 1141 Tennessee St. Open Tuesday and Thursday 3 to 6 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m. to noon. Find us on Facebook.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.