• 10 a.m., The Keepers of the Faith christian girls club for ages 5-18 in Yadkin County meeting will be at New Birth Worship Center, 1033 Newbirth Drive, East Bend. For more information, email email@example.com.
• 6 p.m., Wyo Bible Merhodist Church, 3928 Wyo Road, Yadkinville, will present the play “Christmas Leads Us Home” written by Fred Passmore/Sheep Laugh productions of Redsville, Georgia. For more information, call 336-463-2529 or 336-463-2776.
• 6 p.m., children’s program at Believers Baptist Church Yadkinville, across from the fire department.
• 6p.m., Maplewood Baptist Church’s Sanctuary Choir will present its Christmas cantata, “Majesty of Heaven.” For more information, call the church office at 679-3555, email office@maplewoodbc@org, or check out www.maplewoodbc.org.
• 6 and 8 p.m., two informal services will be held Christmas Eve at Maplewood Baptist Church with carols, the reading of the Christmas story, an opportunity to partake in the Lord’s Supper.
• 7 p.m., Southern Gospel Concert featuring SOUL’D OUT Quartet and The Enon Boys at Enon Baptist Church, 6321 Old Hwy. 421, East Bend. Doors open at 6 p.m., singing starts at 7 p.m. No charge, but a love offering will be taken up for SOUL’D OUT.
• 11 a.m., Bethel Baptist Church, 2232 Brandon Hills Road, Yadkinville, is celebrating 100 years, 1916-2016, with a special service will be held to recognize this event. All members and former members are invited. A covered-dish luncheon will follow the service.
• 3 to 7 p.m., a benefit spaghetti dinner for Doug and April Williams will be held at the West Yadkin VFW Post on U.S. 21. Doug Williams was injured Sept. 7 while taking down a deer stand and will not be able to return to work full-time until late 2016. The event will include a meal for donations only, an auction, silent auction and raffle. Donations will be used to help with family and medical expenses. The fundraiser is sponsored by Windsor’s Crossroads Ruritan Club, Charity Bible, Cranberry Baptist, Fishing Creek Baptist, Fishing Creek Arbor Baptist and Miller’s Creek Baptist churches. For more information, call 336-984-3811, 336-984-6945 or 336-466-2361.
• Special donor cards will be offered by Hands of Hope medical clinic this holiday season. For a minimum donation of $5 per card, Hands of Hope will sign, address, stamp and mail the cards. Visit www.christmascards.hohclinic.org to place orders. Checks may be made out to Hands of Hope Medical Clinic and mailed to P.O. Box 62, Yadkinville, NC 27055. Hands of Hope Medical Clinic also is having its annual “Dan’l Boone Inn” Country Ham Gift Box fundraiser. Each box consists of three 12-oz. packs of sliced sugar cured ham for $16. Volunteers are selling boxes or you may place your order online at www.hohclinic.org. The Nest & Hive Shoppe will have same day purchase/pick up as well as individual packs to include in your Gift Basket order. Branch Bakery & Sweet Shoppe and Karson & Company Salon will also have gift boxes for same day purchase and pick up. Call 336-849-4020 or 336-692-5620 for more info.
• Dewey’s Bakery items will be sold by the Forbush High School Marching Band’s Boosters at Collide Church, 234 E. Main St., Yadkinville, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 2 to 6 p.m. on Dec. 13 and Dec. 20. Items sold will include sugar cake, Moravian cookies, cheese straws, gift baskets and more.
• Beginning Nov. 1, First Baptist Church will be offering a free class on how to make Chrismons. This class is open for the community. Classes will begin at 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. each Sunday until Dec. 20. This class is for anyone from six years on up. Parents are welcome to attend with their children and work along with them as they make their ornament. The biblical meaning of the ornament will be taught at each class. All supplies are furnished for one ornament per person per class. All ornaments are made from gold beads and pearls. Any questions, call Shirley Phillips 336-679-2817.
• Thursdays at Bojangles in Yadkinville, Mark Brown Chaplain at Mountain Valley Hospice and Palliative Care will be heading up an Operation Home Front gathering from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Coffee will be provided and Bojangles has offered to provide a free Bo-Berry biscuit to the veterans who attend. MVHPC honors those who served our country through the We Honor Veterans program.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.