• 3 to 7 p.m., a benefit spaghetti dinner for Doug and April Williams will be held at the West Yadkin VFW Post on U.S. 21. Doug Williams was injured Sept. 7 while taking down a deer stand and will not be able to return to work full-time until late 2016. The event will include a meal for donations only, an auction, silent auction and raffle. Donations will be used to help with family and medical expenses. The fundraiser is sponsored by Windsor’s Crossroads Ruritan Club, Charity Bible, Cranberry Baptist, Fishing Creek Baptist, Fishing Creek Arbor Baptist and Miller’s Creek Baptist churches. For more information, call 336-984-3811, 336-984-6945 or 336-466-2361.
• 6 p.m., Free movie event featuring “War Room” at East Bend Friends Meeting, 128 Quaker Avenue, East Bend. Childcare will be provided.
• 6 p.m., NETworX Yadkin will be hosting a whole community meeting at Yadkinville UMC. The meeting topic will be access to English as a Second Language (ESL) classes. Those attending will hear from NETworX graduates on why ESL classes are so important to them, and have a chance for community leaders to share what resources they and their organizations/congregations can bring to the effort. For more information, contact Crystal Imes at email@example.com or (336) 671-3109.
• 4:30 to 7 p.m., Chicken Stew & Gospel Singing Fundraiser, to benefit Yadkin Christian Ministries at Longtown Pentecostal Holiness Church, 1408 Longtown Rd. Gospel Singing begins at 5 p.m. and is provided by “Total Praise” and “The Enon Boys.” Donations will be taken for YCM to help neighbors in need. The meal includes chicken stew, drink and dessert.
• Thursdays at Bojangles in Yadkinville, Mark Brown Chaplain at Mountain Valley Hospice and Palliative Care will be heading up an Operation Home Front gathering from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Coffee will be provided and Bojangles has offered to provide a free Bo-Berry biscuit to the veterans who attend. MVHPC honors those who served our country through the We Honor Veterans program.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.