• Noon, a community Good Friday Service will be held at First Baptist Church, Yadkinville. Seven ministers will be participating in this service on the “Seven Last Words of Jesus on Cross.”
• 11 a.m., the United Methodist Churches of East Bend. We will assemble at the old library at noon and carry the cross down Main Street to East Bend UMC. Along the way we will stop seven different times for scripture reading and prayer as we remember “The Way of the Cross.” At the conclusion of the walk we will have a short service at East Bend UMC.
• 7 p.m., Sanctuary choir presents “When I Survey” and Lord’s Supper. A nursery for infants and toddlers will be provided. For more information, call the church office at 679-3555 or check out www.maplewoodbc.org.
• 6:30 p.m., AML Wrestling is partnering with Relay for Life for a live pro wrestling exhibition at Yadkinville Elementary School. Tickets available from Relay For Life Teams in Yadkin County or contact David Cox at 336-408-7596.
• 1:45 p.m., Community Easter Egg Hunt sponsored by the area East Bend United Methodist Churches. Ages: Toddlers through fifth-graders at East Bend United Methodist Church.
April 3 -6
• 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., Mountain View Baptist Church of Hamptonville will host spring revival services beginning on April 3 with 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. services. Spring revival services will continue April 3 through April 6 at 7 p.m. The Rev. David Childress, pastor of Mt. Vernon Baptist Church, will be the guest speaker. There will be special singing each night and the community is invited. For more information, call the church office at 336-468-8199 or visit the church website at www.mountainviewchurch.net.
• Children Clothing and Toy Sale at Center United Methodist Church, 1400 Center Road, Yadkinville, Friday, April 8, 5 p.m. until 8 p.m., and Saturday, April 9, 8 a.m. until 11 a.m., Half Price Sale on Select Items on Saturday. Come and take advantage of the thousands of items we have to choose from. will be a huge selection of baby equipment, clothes, toys, games, books etc. For further information on how to consign, please contact at 336-679-2519 or 679-8247, email@example.com.
•William R. Davie Elementary School PTO is having a My School Color Fun Run. Registration includes a race bib, color packet, and t-shirt (if you register before March 25). You may pick up your items at the registration table the day of the event. Paper registration forms are available upon request. Registration will begin at 9:30 am with the Color Fun Run starting at 11:00am on Saturday, April 9. Please visit our Facebook page www.facebook.com/WRDavie for more information, or the race website at www.WRDColorRun.eventbrite.com to register for the event.
•5 p.m., The Lance Corporal Daniel Freeman Swaim Scholarship fund raiser dinner at the Yadkinville Moose Lodge located on Country Club road. Tickets are $50. Each ticket purchased comes with two dinners. Drawdown will start between 6 pm and 6:15 pm. Carry out will be available. When the drawdown starts the 1st ticket drawn goes back into the cage when there are only 10 tickets left so the 1st drawn gets a second chance to win. Each 25th ticket drawn wins $50. The 200th ticket drawn wins $2500. Only 200 tickets will be sold. If you would like to purchase a ticket or have any questions please contact Chuck Knight at 469-0091 or 679-8209 or David Shore at 469-1092.
• YVEDDI Head Start Accepting Applications, Information needed to complete Application, child birth certificate, immunization record, verification of income for each parent, caregiver, (current w-2 tax forms), child support verification, Medicaid insurance card, documentation of child’s disability, a physical is required before enrollment. We offer free health services, free dental service, free nutritious meal and snacks, individualized family support, we also serve children with special needs, child must be 3 or 4 years by August 31. Yadkin County 336-367-7175, 463-4137.
• Sundays, “When Christians Get It Wrong” is the title of the series of lessons being taught by Thom Summey at First Baptist Church, Yadkinville. The class is held on second floor of fellowship hall from 9:45 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. and is for anyone older than 18.
• Thursdays at Bojangles in Yadkinville, Mark Brown Chaplain at Mountain Valley Hospice and Palliative Care will be heading up an Operation Home Front gathering from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Coffee will be provided and Bojangles has offered to provide a free Bo-Berry biscuit to the veterans who attend. MVHPC honors those who served our country through the We Honor Veterans program.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.