• Children Clothing and Toy Sale at Center United Methodist Church, 1400 Center Road, Yadkinville, Friday, 5 to 8 p.m., and Saturday, 8 to 11 a.m., half price sale on select items on Saturday. There will be a huge selection of baby equipment, clothes, toys, games, books, etc. For further information on how to consign, contact at 336-679-2519 or 679-8247, email@example.com.
• 9 a.m., William R. Davie Elementary School PTO is having a My School Color Fun Run. Registration includes a race bib, color packet, and T-shirt (if registered before March 25). Pick up items at the registration table the day of the event. Paper registration forms are available upon request. Registration will begin at 9:30 a.m. with the Color Fun Run starting at 11 a.m. Visit Facebook page, www.facebook.com/WRDavie, for more information, or the race website at www.WRDColorRun.eventbrite.com to register for the event.
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., PLAY FEST Celebrating the Young Child will be sponsored by Smart Start of Yadkin County at Yadkinville Town Park at 609 N. State St. with free activities including bounce houses, face painting, games, Burns & Co. Magic Show, community resources, finger printing, more. At noon, a ceremony will be held in honor of the children in Yadkin County who were abused or neglected last year.
• 6 p.m., the Starmount Show Choir will be in concert at Mitchell’s Chapel United Methodist Church, 2410 Center Road, Boonville.
• Maplewood Baptist Church will host spring revival with guest preachers, Justin Smith (April 10 at 10:30 a.m.), the Rev. Mike Smith (April 10-11 at 6:30 p.m.) and the Rev. Matty Ponce de Leon (April 12-13 at 6:30 p.m.) Each service will have special music and each evening — there will be refreshments in the Narthex. A nursery for infants and toddlers will be provided. The church is located off U.S. 421 at exit #256 (Unifi Industrial Road). For more information, call the church office at 336-679-3555 or visit www.maplewoodbc.org.
• 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., Maplewood Baptist Church will be having a yard sale. There will be lots of nice and gently used items for sale. All the proceeds will benefit the outreach ministry called Project R.A.C.K. For more info, check out www.maplewoodbc.org.
• 7 a.m., at the Elkin Park large picnic shelter (399 N.C. 268 West, Elkin), registration for the Habitat Hammer Half Marathon & 5K Run/Walk, a fundraiser for Upper Yadkin Valley Habitat for Humanity. Free kids’ Family Fun Run at 7:30, 5K and Half Marathon begin at 8 a.m. Registration is $30/5k and $50/Half Marathon. Awards, door prizes, food, music, kids’ games, face painting, balloons and more. More information at www.UYVhabitat.org/get involved/events or call Habitat at 336-526-2277.
• 5 p.m., BBQ chicken dinner with live music from the Blue Sky Band at Boonville UMC Fellowship Hall. Menu includes BBQ chicken, baked potato, slaw, roll, tea, and homemade peach cobbler. There will be a silent auction. Tickets are $15. Call Boonville UMC Church Office for tickets at 336-367-7122.
• 5:30 p.m., East Bend United Methodist Church on Main Street, East Bend, will be hosting its annual cookout with hamburgers the way they were cooked at the old East Bend Drive-in, and also hot dogs. There will be a bake sale with many delicious items for sale. Come out and enjoy this event and share your stories about the Old East Bend Drive-In. For further information, call 336-699-8624.
• 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., a blood drive will be held at Forbush High School, 1521 Falcon Road, East Bend.
• 5 p.m., The Lance Corporal Daniel Freeman Swaim Scholarship fundraiser dinner will be held at the Yadkinville Moose Lodge located on Country Club road. Tickets are $50. Each ticket purchased comes with two dinners. Drawdown will start between 6 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. Carry-out will be available. When the drawdown starts the first ticket drawn goes back into the cage when there are only 10 tickets left so the first drawn gets a second chance to win. Each 25th ticket drawn wins $50. The 200th ticket drawn wins $2,500. Only 200 tickets will be sold. To purchase a ticket or for questions, contact Chuck Knight at 336-469-0091 or 336-679-8209 or David Shore at 336-469-1092.
• The American Legion Post 505 will hold its annual yard sale. Space rent is $10. Furnish tables and canopy if one is desired. Spaces are rented on a first come and first served basic. Yard sale hours will be 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Gates will be open at 6 a.m. Reserve your space early to get the best spot. Food and refreshments will be available from post 505. The American Legion post is located on Semper Fi Lane off Bethel Church Road. Contact Commander Chuck Knight at 336-469-0091 or 336-468-8421 for space rental. Contact the Ladies Auxiliary President Judi Phillips at 336-426-9963.
• YVEDDI Head Start is accepting applications. Information needed to complete application includes child birth certificate, immunization record, verification of income for each parent, caregiver, (current w-2 tax forms), child support verification, Medicaid insurance card, documentation of child’s disability, a physical is required before enrollment. Head Start offers free health services, free dental service, free nutritious meal and snacks, individualized family support, and serves children with special needs, child must be 3 or 4 years by Aug. 31. For more information, call 336-367-7175 or 463-4137.
• Sundays, “When Christians Get It Wrong” is the title of the series of lessons being taught by Thom Summey at First Baptist Church, Yadkinville. The class is held on second floor of fellowship hall from 9:45 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. and is for anyone older than 18.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.