• 1 to 4 p.m., genealogy seminar for Courtney-Huntsville residents at Courtney Baptist Church fellowship hall. Be prepared and bring information you already have about your genealogy to share with others. Bring pictures, records, anything that you have that might help with genealogy of the Courtney-Huntsville communities. We will have speakers and genealogist from the area to help you find your long lost relatives. Come out and see how many relatives you might find while you are there. For further information, contact Ed Gregory at 336-940-3656 or email email@example.com.
June 26 – 30
• 6:30 to 9 p.m., Vacation Bible School will be held at Charity Baptist Church. Classes for all ages.
• 9:30 a.m., East Bend God and Country Parade followed by music and events at East Bend School beginning at 11:30 a.m. Music and service with local churches at 6:30 p.m and fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
• 5 p.m., July 4 parade in downtown Yadkinville followed by a concert featuring Stan Bobbitt from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Yadkinville Elementary and fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
July 10 – 14
• 6 to 8:30 p.m., East Bend United, a network Of United Methodist churches, presents “Surf Shack – Catch The Wave Of God’s Amazing Love” Vacation Bible School. Fun for all ages at Prospect United Methodist Church, 3541 Smithtown Road, East Bend. Meal will be served each night. Transportation is available, if needed by calling any of the following numbers: Baltimore UMC 336-961-6055, East Bend UMC 336-793-7284, Mt. Pleasant UMC 336-699-3350, New Home UMC 336- 699-2288, Prospect UMC 336-699-3350, Shady Grove UMC 336-699-2288, Stony Knoll UMC 336- 793-7284.
• 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., port-a-pit barbecue fundraiser hosted by Yadkinville United Methodist Church to benefit Mountain Valley Hospice. Tickets are $10 and include half chicken, baked beans, slaw and dessert. Tickets are on sale now from several volunteers in the community or by calling 336-679-2466.
• 8 to 10:30 a.m., the Courtney Ruritan Club is showing its appreciation and support of veterans and active duty military by inviting them every second Tuesday of the month for free coffee and donuts at the Deep Creek Community Center, 2120 Brawley Road. For further information, call Ed Gregory at 336-940-3656.
• 3 p.m., Community Drum Circle each Sunday in Central Park in King. Open to everyone. No experience necessary. Extra drums are available for use. No alcohol. Weather update or additional information can be found on Facebook. Search Pinnacle Drum Circle; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or phone 336-368-3866.
• YVEDDI Head Start is accepting applications. Information needed to complete application includes child birth certificate, immunization record, verification of income for each parent, caregiver, (current w-2 tax forms), child support verification, Medicaid insurance card, documentation of child’s disability, a physical is required before enrollment. Head Start offers free health services, free dental service, free nutritious meal and snacks, individualized family support, and serves children with special needs, child must be 3 or 4 years by Aug. 31. For more information, call 336-367-7175 or 336-463-4137.
• 9:45 to 10:45 a.m., Sundays, “When Christians Get It Wrong” is the title of the series of lessons being taught by Thom Summey at First Baptist Church, Yadkinville. The class is held on second floor of fellowship hall and is for anyone older than 18.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• 7 p.m., the Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.