• 6:30 to 8 p.m., informational session on Girl Scouts at Yadkinville United Methodist Church. Area troop leaders will be available to meet with parents and girls interested in joining a troop. For more information, contact Valerie King at 336-274-8491 or email email@example.com.
• 5 to 8 pm., Children’s Clothing and Toy Sale at Center United Methodist Church, 1400 Center Road, Yadkinville. Huge selection of clothes, baby equipment, toys, games, books etc. For further information on how to be a consigner, call 336-679-2519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 7 a.m. until, New Home United Methodist Church will have free clothing items in all sizes from baby to adults, as well as some accessories and shoes during the Smithtown Road yard sales event. The church also will be selling country ham and sausage biscuits during the morning hours and hot dogs, chips, drinks and homemade fried apple pies beginning at 11 a.m.
• 8 to 11 a.m., Children Clothing and Toy sale at Center United Methodist Church, 1400 Center Road, Yadkinville. Huge selection of clothes, baby equipment, toys, games, books, etc. Half price sale on select items on Saturday. For information on how to be a consigner, call 336-679-2519 or email@example.com.
• 10 a.m., the Yadkin County Historical Society will take a guided walking tour with Lisa Turney, site manager, Horne Creek Living History Farm, 308 Horne Creek Farm Road, Pinnacle. The group will leave at 9 a.m. from the Yadkin County Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville. Horne Creek requests a donation of $5 per person. Comfortable shoes and a bag lunch are encouraged. Drinks will be available at the Visitors Center. Visitors can experience farm life typical in the northwestern Piedmont around 1900. For more information, contact Andrew Mackie, 336-428-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 1 to 2 p.m., third annual Antique Road Extravaganza to benefit Lewisville Historical Society at Carillon Assisted Living of Clemmons, located at 1165 S. Peace Haven Road, across from the YMCA. Advance sale tickets are $10 per item – tickets at the door are $25 per item – limit two tickets per person. More information and tickets available at Carillon: 336-447-6055, or through the Lewisville Historical Society c/o Susan Linker: 336-945-5123.
• 6:30 p.m., free concert at Yadkinville Community Park, U.S. 601 across from Yadkinville School. Phatt City will be playing beach music. Hamburgers, hot dogs, homemade ice cream by Yadkin Civitan. In case of rain, concert will move to Yadkinville School.
• 2 p.m, Yadkin County Park, 6600 Service Road, Yadkinville, a special ceremony will take place remember those who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., the 10th annual Country Quilt Show will take place at Galloway Episcopal Church, 312 W. Main St., Elkin, in conjunction with the Yadkin Valley Pumpkin Festival. No admission is charged, but donations to the church are welcome. The event, sponsored by the Foothills Quilt Guild, will include a porch sale at 315 W. Main St., Elkin, for the same hours.
• 7 to 10 a.m., Forbush Baptist Church, 3917 Old U.S. 421 Hwy. E., Yadkinville, will host a country breakfast to benefit Yadkin Christian Ministries. The all-you-can-eat breakfast will consist of grilled tenderloin, gravy, biscuits, grits, eggs, applesauce and drinks. Ticket are $8 each. A crafts festival will take place in the KMD Activity Center from 7 a.m. to noon. For tickets or information, call 336-961-6917
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.