• 10 a.m., Yadkin Elite Girls Basketball Team will be holding a fundraiser at Performance Motors, 231 Oak St., Jonesville. There will be a car wash, donations will be accepted, along with a hot dog and bake sale. Supports local youth. For more information, call 336-469-5631.
July 26, 29 and Aug. 1-2
• Maplewood Baptist Church hosts VBS with the theme Journey off the Map, July 26 and July 29 from 6 to 8:45 p.m., Aug. 1 from 10 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. and Aug. 2 from 5 to 7 p.m. with family celebration following from 7 to 8 p.m. There will be classes for children and middle-schoolers. Advance register at www.maplewoodbc.org or call the church office at 336-679-3555.
• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., the Shriners annual BBQ fundraiser will be held at the Yadkin Plaza Shopping Center (Lowes Parking Area). BBQ trays, sandwiches, bbq per pound and drinks, bottled water will be sold. The profits from this fundraiser will be used to support the 22 Shriners hospitals and burn center for children. If you know of any child under 18 that the group can help contact a member of the Shriners.
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Faith Fellowship Church will be having there Back to School Community Bashbehind YMCA in Yadkinville. Free games and free fun.
• 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., VBS, Bread Of Life Baptist Church.
• The deadline for submitting articles and photographs and ordering copies of The Heritage of Yadkin County, North Carolina, Volume III, has been extended to July 31. Articles need to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. 5×7 glossy, black and white prints of original photos need to be mailed to PO Box 1250, Yadkinville, NC 27055, or dropped off at the Tulbert House, 216 N. Van Buren St., Yadkinville. The Tulbert House phone number is 336-679-2702. The office is open every Thursday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. or by appointment. The book committee meets the fourth Tuesday in every month at the Yadkin County Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville. Volunteers are needed to prepare the book for publication and sale.
• Yadkin Farmers Market has in season, local, farm fresh produce. Now featuring beans, potatoes, squash, broccoli, onions, honey, eggs, plants and more. Monthly drawings to win a market basket full of goodies. Located behind the Town Community Park at 1141 Tennessee St. Open Tuesday and Thursday 3 to 6 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m. to noon. Find us on Facebook.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.