• 12:30 p.m., Deep Creek Friends Meeting to host a golf tournament at Silo Run Golf Course. Registration and a free lunch begin at 12:30 pm. Putting contest at 1:30 p.m., and play time begins at 2 p.m. Cost is $200 per team (four-person team), $50 per golfer. Sponsors, door prizes and players needed. If interested, contact Jay Brendle at 336-679-8089 or Jared Warden at 336-428-0775.
• 6 p.m., All descendants of the Johnny and Amelia Hutchens Family are invited to attend the Hutchens Reunion at 2216 Henning Road, East Bend. Everyone is encouraged to attend and bring a covered dish.
• 7 p.m., Civitan Music in the Park will be held at Yadkinville Community Park on U.S. 601, with Stan Bobbitt playing oldies and gospel. In case of rain, concert will move to Yadkinville School. No alcohol and no coolers. Hamburgers, hot dogs, snacks and homemade ice cream by Yadkin Civitan.
• 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., New Birth Worship Center, 1033 Newbirth Dr. East Bend, celebrates its 20th Church Anniversary with guest speaker Reverend Arthur Heggins at 10 a.m. and Pastor Reginald (Reggie) Hunt at 3 p.m. There will be a special performance by the NBWC “Angels of Mercy” Dance Ministry.
• 3:30 p.m., New Birth Worship Center Youth Choir, 1033 Newbirth Dr. East Bend, will celebrate its 20th anniversary with guest choirs Tabernacle United Church of Christ Youth Choir from Yadkinville and Mt. Olive Baptist Church Youth Choir from Winston Salem. For additional information, please call 336-699-3583 or visit www.newbirthworshipcenter.org.
• 11 a.m., Memorial Day Ceremony to be held at Yadkin County Park, located on Service Road, behind the YMCA.
• 7 p.m., Civitan Music in the Park will be held at Yadkinville Community Park on U.S. 601, with Sound Factory playing country and oldies. In case of rain, concert will move to Yadkinville Elementary School. No alcohol and no coolers. Hamburgers, hot dogs, snacks and homemade ice cream by Yadkin Civitan.
• Yadkin Farmers Market is now open for the season. The market is located at 1141 Tennessee St., Yadkinville, behind town park and Papa John’s Pizza. Hours are Tuesdays 3 to 6 p.m., and Saturdays 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• The Yadkin County Beekeepers Association meets the second Monday of every month at the Yadkin Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville, with 6 p.m. dinner and social, 7 p.m. guest speaker. All visitors interested in bees and/or beekeeping are welcome.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.