• 1 p.m., Spillman and Hutchens Reunion will be held at Forbush Fire Department. Drinks will be provided and lunch will be at 1 p.m.
• 4 to 6 p.m., Hands of Hope Medical Clinic, Inc. is having a pork BBQ fundraiser. Plates are $8 and include Tipton’s pulled pork BBQ, baked beans, slaw, roll and dessert. Pick up Friday between 4 and 6 p.m. at Yadkinville United Methodist Church. For tickets, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/leave a message at 336-849-4020.
• 7 to 10 a.m., breakfast and bake sale at Hanes Grove UMC, 2733 U.S. 21, Hamptonville.
• 3:30 p.m., New Birth Worship Center (NBWC) Male Chorus will celebrate their 18th anniversary. The guest choir will be The Male Chorus from Brooks Temple Methodist Church, Winston-Salem. In addition, the NBWC “Angels of Mercy” dance Ministry will perform. The theme is “A New Beginning And A New Start.” The address is 1033 New Birth Drive, East Bend. For additional information, call 336-699-3583 or visit the website www.newbirthworshipcenter.org.
Sept. 4 & 5
• 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday and 8 to 11 a.m. on Saturday, Children’s Clothing & Toy sale at Center United Methodist Church, 1400 Center Road, Yadkinville. Half price sale on select items Saturday. Huge selection of baby clothes, equipment, toys, games,books etc. For further information on how to be a consigner, call 336-679-2519.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., the sixth annual Remember Rockford Families Reunion will begin at the Rockford Park/Grant-Burrus Hotel Site and will continue through the Village to the Rockford Methodist Church. Activities include sharing of family and local history, tours of the historic buildings, traditional music by Ashley Holyfield and Devin Matthews, and a wine tasting by RagApple Lassie Vineyard at the 1830 Mark York Tavern. A BBQ lunch will be served at the Rockford Methodist Church and is $10 for adults and $5 for children.
• 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., huge yard sale by Friends of East Bend Public Library at the library. Tablet raffle during event. Numerous usual and unusual items. Rain date Sept. 27. Donations accepted through Sept. 18.
• Yadkin Farmers Market has in season, local, farm fresh produce. Now featuring beans, potatoes, squash, broccoli, onions, honey, eggs, plants and more. Monthly drawings to win a market basket full of goodies. Located behind the Town Community Park at 1141 Tennessee St. Open Tuesday and Thursday 3 to 6 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m. to noon. Find us on Facebook.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.