It’s back-to-school time and with that comes the anticipation for girls to join Girl Scouts.
In Girl Scouting, girls are always counting down to the next adventure and exclaiming “I Can’t Wait To!” Maybe it’s artistic. Maybe it’s an experiment. Maybe it’s getting outside or helping the community. Either way, girls will make new friends and have many new experiences that show the excitement of each day.
Girls can become a member for $15. Girl participation in program events is immediate but placement in a troop is based on availability. Specifically, Girl Scouts are in need of dedicated adults to take on the role of troop leaders. Each troop is led by at least two registered leaders.
Girls and parents are invited to attend one of the following informational Girl Scout nights to learn more.
· Sept. 8, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Courtney Elementary School, 2529 Courtney-Huntsville Road, Yadkinville
· Sept. 9, 5 to 6:30 p.m., Forbush Fire Station, 4725 Old Highway 421 E., Yadkinville
· Sept. 10, 5 to 6:30 p.m., East Bend Senior Center, 473 E. Main St., East Bend
· Sept.10, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Boonville Elementary, 232 E. Main St., Boonville
· Sept. 12, 9 to 11 a.m., Yadkin Family YMCA, 6540 Service Road, Yadkinville
· Sept. 12, 9 to 11 a.m., Jonesville Public Library, 150 E. Main St., Jonesville
“I am excited about our upcoming Girl Scout year, because we have fun and rewarding experiences for every girl,” said Lane Cook, CEO of Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont. “In addition to the activities girls choose and the topics they pursue in their troops, we have a rich menu of activities across the council that includes everything from nature walks, photography, painting and archery to science and robotics.”
Girls can join a traditional Girl Scout troop, or to meet the busy lifestyle of today’s girls, girls can join as an individually registered girl, where individual girl members can enjoy Girl Scouting without the commitment of joining a troop.
For more information, visit www.girlscoutsp2p.org or contact membership services manager Cathy Bryant at 336-816-6372 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.