How can you help?
• Donate new, unwrapped toys and/or clothing.
• Adopt an Angel and provide clothing and wish list items for a particular child.
• Fill a Stocking with stocking stuffers.
• Host a toy drive at your workplace, church or civic club for the Angel Tree program.
• Give a monetary donation to help The Salvation Army provide gifts for angels that are not adopted.
• Volunteer your time and help prepare and distribute gifts to the families.
Where you can help:
• In Yadkinville, Adopt an Angels can be found at the Yadkinville Public Library, Papa’s Pizza, the YMCA and Curves.
• Also in Yadkinville, stockings can be picked up and dropped off at Arby’s, Yadkin Valley Pharmacy and the toys can be dropped off at the Food Lion, Maxway, and the YMCA.
• In Boonville, Adopt an Angel can be picked up at the Boonville Public Library, stockings can be picked up and dropped off and toys dropped off at the Mill Store.
• In East Bend, Adopt an Angels can be picked up at the East Bend Public Library and stockings can be picked up or dropped off at the Yadkin Valley Bank and Reece’s Old Fashioned Ice Cream and toys can also be dropped off at Reece’s Old Fashioned Ice Cream.
• In Jonesville, stockings can be picked up and dropped off at the Jonesville Public Library, the Yadkin Valley Bank and Arby’s. Toys can be dropped off at the Dollar General and Arby’s.
The deadline to turn in stockings and toys is Dec. 15. The deadline for angels is Dec. 17. The gifts and food boxes will be given to families on Dec. 21 and 22.
“We would not be able to help these families in need if it were not for the generosity of this community,” said Major Kent Davis, Area Commander for The Salvation Army. “It’s the people who donate toys, fulfill an angel, or stuff a stocking that make this happen.”
For more information or to volunteer, call Becky Clark at (336) 462-8260.
The Salvation Army is a participating member of the Yadkin County United Fund.