(StatePoint) There is no better time to get married than spring — the flowers are blooming, birds are chirping and love is in the air. Spring can be the perfect backdrop for your wedding.
The timing is perfect, so make sure the rest of the details follow suit. Be sure to pick out cheerful engagement party and bridal shower invitations, as first impressions are very important in setting the mood. A relaxed and graceful outdoor bridal shower is characteristic for the springtime.
From there, it is on to the main event.
“Spring weddings are elegant and beautiful,” said Mariam Naficy, CEO of Minted.com, an online stationery store that specializes in wedding invitations and accessories. “But elegance doesn’t come without the right amount of preparation. It’s an event that will be remembered forever; why not make it as perfect as can be?”
Here are some ways to assure your spring wedding lives up to all your dreams.
• Guest List - It’s important that you and your fiancé come to an agreement on the guest list, as getting bogged down on minor details can slow down other critical wedding plans. Keep it organized and send out the “Save the Date” as soon as the list is finalized.
• Invitations: Let guests know they should expect to be impressed by the ceremony. The right wedding invitations will show personality, follow the theme, and express excitement about the couple’s future life together. Specialty websites like Minted.com are an ideal place to get just the right invitation for the big day.
• Colors: Darker hues are for the cooler months. Use light colors like lilac, green, teal and pink pastels to brighten up the ceremony and reception with that classic spring feel.
• Outdoor Ceremony: Imagine saying “I do” outdoors on a beautiful day while lovebirds flutter and chirp around you. There won’t be a dry eye in sight. With the comfort of your guests in mind, and for a decorative touch, be sure to provide some shade with a gazebo or a trellised awning.
• Flowers: The scent of gorgeous fresh cut flowers will spruce up any wedding and accentuate that blissful springtime mindset. Fresh cut flowers are a necessity for all weddings. Be sure the colors match the rest of your décor!
• Live Music: Having a live band play at the reception will keep the celebration exciting long after you share your first wedded kiss.
You found the dream partner. You picked the dream date. Now your dream wedding awaits you.