Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday at noon for the same week’s edition.
• 8 to 11 a.m., Prism Medical Products will host the inaugural Throwing Shades, a 5K color fun run to benefit the Ebenezer Children’s Home and Children’s Center of Surry and Yadkin, at Elkin Municipal Park. To register, sign up as a sponsor or make a donation, visit www.prism-medical.com/committocommunity. For more information, email email@example.com.
• 6 p.m., Music on Sunday will be held at Yadkin County Park, 6540 Service Road, Yadkinville, behind the YMCA. The Boys from Enon will be singing southern gospel. There will be free admission and free popcorn. Food available for purchase includes hamburger, hot dogs, snacks. Bring a lawn chair or blanket.
• 6 p.m., Longtown Pentecostal Holiness Church, 1409 Longtown Road, Yadkinville, will host the Yadkin Valley District revival featuring IPHC National Evangelists Stephen and Kim Hoell.
• Branon Friends Church, 1333 Branon Church Road, Yadkinville, will hold vacation Bible school with the theme, Game On. Kick off will be Sunday from 5 to 7 p.m., including hot dogs and inflatables, and VBS will be 6 to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday with supper served each night. The programming will be for those ages 3 years through seventh grade, as well as an adults class. For more information, call 336-468-2525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 11th annual PVH ALS/MDA golf tournament will be held at Cedarbrook Country Club in State Road with morning and afternoon rounds. Sponsorships are still available, as are playing opportunities. The tournament began to honor PVH friend and colleague, Larry Kincaid, who was diagnosed with ALS in 2007 and died in 2013. There will be door prizes, a $1,000 raffle and other raffles. Cost to play is $125 per person. Register by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Northwestern Regional Library will host its seventh annual Ride for Readers to help purchase ebooks. Riders will meet at Freeborne’s Eatery and Lodge in Laurel Springs, and can include motorcycles and cars. There will be an optional Poker Run, and tickets for a 50/50 raffle and prize drawings. The day will conclude at Freeborne’s at 1:30 p.m. for lunch and live music. Deadline for advanced registration is May 2 and includes a T-shirt. Registration fees are $25 for riders and passengers, and children younger than 12 ride free. To register or for more information, contact any NWRL library or visit www.nwrl.org.
• 6:30 p.m., Music in the Park will be held at Yadkinville Community Park, North State Street, in Yadkinville. Beach music will be performed by Phatt City. Admission is free. Food available for purchase includes hamburger, hot dogs, snacks, popcorn and homemade ice cream. Bring a lawn chair or blanket.
• A raffle drawing will be held for a $500 gift certificate from Foothills Meat Center in Jonesville. Tickets are $2 each. Proceeds benefit the YVEDDI Meals on Wheels program, with tickets available for purchase at area senior centers.
• Yadkin Farmers Market: Local, Farm, Fresh, 1141 Tennessee St., Yadkinville, behind town park and Papa John’s Pizza, is open Tuesdays from 3 to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 1 to Oct. 13.
• The Yadkin County Beekeepers Association meets the second Monday of every month at the Yadkin Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville, with 6 p.m. dinner and social, 7 p.m. guest speaker. All visitors interested in bees and/or beekeeping are welcome.
• 1:30 to 5 p.m., a Bible study, “Returning to the Roots of Our Faith,” is held at a home in Yadkinville on Saturdays. For more information, call Doug Mann at 704-807-4736.