Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday at noon for the same week’s edition.
• The 11th annual PVH ALS/MDA golf tournament will be held at Cedarbrook Country Club in State Road with morning and afternoon rounds. Sponsorships are still available, as are playing opportunities. The tournament began to honor PVH friend and colleague, Larry Kincaid, who was diagnosed with ALS in 2007 and died in 2013. There will be door prizes, a $1,000 raffle and other raffles. Cost to play is $125 per person. Register by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Northwestern Regional Library will host its seventh annual Ride for Readers to help purchase ebooks. Riders will meet at Freeborne’s Eatery and Lodge in Laurel Springs, and can include motorcycles and cars. There will be an optional Poker Run, and tickets for a 50/50 raffle and prize drawings. The day will conclude at Freeborne’s at 1:30 p.m. for lunch and live music. Deadline for advanced registration is May 2 and includes a T-shirt. Registration fees are $25 for riders and passengers, and children younger than 12 ride free. To register or for more information, contact any NWRL library or visit www.nwrl.org.
• 6:30 p.m., Music in the Park will be held at Yadkinville Community Park, North State Street, in Yadkinville. Beach music will be performed by Phatt City. Admission is free. Food available for purchase includes hamburger, hot dogs, snacks, popcorn and homemade ice cream. Bring a lawn chair or blanket.
• A raffle drawing will be held for a $500 gift certificate from Foothills Meat Center in Jonesville. Tickets are $2 each. Proceeds benefit the YVEDDI Meals on Wheels program, with tickets available for purchase at area senior centers.
• 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Yadkin County Chamber of Commerce will hold its inaugural Showcase Yadkin business expo event at the Yadkin County Agricultural and Education Building on the campus of the Yadkin Center of Surry Community College, 2051 Agricultural Way, Yadkinville. The expo will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. with a Chamber Business After Hours to wrap up the day from 4 to 6 p.m. To learn more about the cost to showcase a Yadkin business, contact the chamber at 3366-679-2200.
• Yadkin Farmers Market: Local, Farm, Fresh, 1141 Tennessee St., Yadkinville, behind town park and Papa John’s Pizza, is open Tuesdays from 3 to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 1 to Oct. 13.
• The Yadkin County Beekeepers Association meets the second Monday of every month at the Yadkin Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville, with 6 p.m. dinner and social, 7 p.m. guest speaker. All visitors interested in bees and/or beekeeping are welcome.
• 1:30 to 5 p.m., a Bible study, “Returning to the Roots of Our Faith,” is held at a home in Yadkinville on Saturdays. For more information, call Doug Mann at 704-807-4736.