Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday at noon for the same week’s edition.
• 2 to 4:30 p.m., Historic Richmond Hill, 4641 Law School Road, East Bend, will have open house to recognize Chief Justice Pearson’s June birthday with birthday cake and a docent-guided tour of the 1861 house listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Civil War Trail and a member of the Federation of North Carolina Historical Societies. Admission is free.
• 4 p.m., the Yadkin Valley Cruisers cruise-in will be held at the Yadkin Plaza Shopping Center. There will be music and door prizes. For more information, view the Facebook page at Yadkin Valley Cruisers.
• 4 p.m., the Yadkin County Public Library, Yadkinville, will host the teen book club discussion of “I am the Messenger” by Markus Zusak. For more information, call the library at 336-679-8792.
• 5:30 to 8 p.m., Boonville Business and Downtown Development Association and Yadkin Valley Cruisers will host the monthly cruise-in featuring all types of cars, trucks and bikes, food trucks, smoothies and discounts at area retailers. For more information, call the town office at 336-367-7941.
• 7:30 p.m., the Yadkin Cultural Arts Center will present “Thoroughly Modern Millie” in the Willingham Theater. Tickets cost $15 per person. For more information, contact the arts center at 336-679-2941.
• 5:30 p.m., the fourth annual Stephen G. Lyons Celebration, celebrating a taste of wine, food and music, honoring the memory of the late executive director, Stephen Lyons, will be held at the Yadkin Cultural Arts Center. The evening will feature Italian food, wine and beer tastings, and a special production of “Thoroughly Modern Millie.” Proceeds benefit local high school performing arts scholarships. Tickets are $50 per person and can be obtained by calling 336-679-2941.
• 3 p.m., the Yadkin Cultural Arts Center will present “Thoroughly Modern Millie” in the Willingham Theater. Tickets cost $15 per person. For more information, contact the arts center at 336-679-2941.
• 4 p.m., a writing group meeting of writers of all skill levels from high school-age and older will meet at the Yadkin County Public Library, with time for writing, discussions and support from fellow writers. For more information, call the library at 336-679-8792.
• A raffle drawing will be held for a $500 gift certificate from Foothills Meat Center in Jonesville. Tickets are $2 each. Proceeds benefit the YVEDDI Meals on Wheels program, with tickets available for purchase at area senior centers.
• 3 p.m., the Yadkin County Public Library, Yadkinville, will host a Make it, Take It craft program where people can stop in for a one-session project. Those participating need to call the library at 336-679-8792 at least two days prior to the craft session to ensure supplies are available.
• 9:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., the 28th annual East Bend God & Country Celebration will begin with a parade down Main Street at 9:30 a.m., followed by activities such as entertainment, food, crafts, children’s activities and more at East Bend Elementary School from 11:15 a.m. to 4 p.m., and an evening service at 6:30 p.m. featuring the East Bend Community Choir with guest speaker, the Rev. Marty Wood. Fireworks will be held at 9:30 p.m. behind the East Bend Senior Center.
• 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Yadkin County Chamber of Commerce will hold its inaugural Showcase Yadkin business expo event at the Yadkin County Agricultural and Education Building on the campus of the Yadkin Center of Surry Community College, 2051 Agricultural Way, Yadkinville. The expo will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. with a Chamber Business After Hours to wrap up the day from 4 to 6 p.m. To learn more about the cost to showcase a Yadkin business, contact the chamber at 3366-679-2200.
• Yadkin Farmers Market: Local, Farm, Fresh, 1141 Tennessee St., Yadkinville, behind town park and Papa John’s Pizza, is open Tuesdays from 3 to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 1 to Oct. 13.
• The Yadkin County Beekeepers Association meets the second Monday of every month at the Yadkin Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville, with 6 p.m. dinner and social, 7 p.m. guest speaker. All visitors interested in bees and/or beekeeping are welcome.
• 1:30 to 5 p.m., a Bible study, “Returning to the Roots of Our Faith,” is held at a home in Yadkinville on Saturdays. For more information, call Doug Mann at 704-807-4736.