Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday at noon for the same week’s edition.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., The Yadkin Baptist Association is accepting donations to help with Disaster Relief for those in the eastern/southeastern part of NC affected by Hurricane Florence. Donations of bottled water, can drinks, box juice, can foods, snack items, paper products, baby items (food, formula, wipes and diapers), pet foods and supplies, cleaning supplies and tools. No clothes please. Donations may be put in the “Send Relief Trailer” at 720 North State Street in Yadkinville Monday-Friday, September 17-21 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monetary donations and gift cards are also accepted, but need to be brought inside the Office. Any donation will be greatly appreciated.
• 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., all-season consignment sale at Mt. Olive UMC, 3521 Wyo Road, Yadkinville. Consignors needed. Sale is scheduled for Sept. 21 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sept. 22 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Accepting children’s, women and men’s clothing, children’s shoes, handbags, jewelry, prom dresses, baby necessities, books, videos, toys and small household items. If interested in consigning, email email@example.com or call Pam Lane at 336-463-5179.
• 6 p.m., Billy and the Blue Grass Boys will be singing at Pilot View Friends Meeting.
• 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., a blood drive will be held at Forbush High School.
• 3 to 7:30 p.m., a blood drive will be held at Divine Redeemer Catholic Church.
• 7:30 a.m., State Treasurer Dale Folwell will be the speaker at the Yadkinville Rotary Club at the Front Yard on Main Street beside the Cultural Arts Center.
• 5 p.m., East Bend Cruise Night in downtown East Bend with classic cars on display, food vendors, local charities, live music and more.
• Bethlehem United Methodist Church, 321 Redland Ave., Advance, will have its Good Neighbor port-a-pit barbecue. Advanced sold orders can be picked up between 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. in the family life center. The Nature’s Way site on N.C. 801 South will be open at 11 a.m. until sold out with sandwiches, plates and pounds. Sandwiches also are available at Steelman’s Ace Hardware on U.S. 158. There will be free delivery for orders of four or more. Supper will be from 4 to 7 p.m. at the church. Plates cost $10 and include half chicken or barbecue, slaw, baked beans, roll and dessert. Sandwiches are $5 and pounds are $15 and include barbecue with four buns and a pint of slaw. Proceeds benefit the community.
• The fourth annual Carolina Jubilee, a two-day music and food festival will take place at VanHoy Farms, 742 Jericho Road, Harmony.
• 7 p.m., New Birth Worship Center, 1033 Newbirth Drive, East Bend, will host a three-day revival worship experience. Speakers will be Monday, Pastor Allen Boggs from East Bend Baptist Church; Tuesday, Dr. Nathan Scovens from Galilee Missionary Baptist Church in Winston-Salem; and Wednesday, Dr. James Linville from Piney Grove Baptist Church in Winston-Salem. The theme is “A New Beginning and A New Start.” For more information, call 336-699-3583 or visit www.newbirthworshipcenter.org.
• 10 a.m., the Thomas Brown descendants are going to have a family reunion at First Baptist Church in Yadkinville. Everyone that is interested in this family is invited to come. There will be a covered-dish luncheon at noon. Bring genealogy to swap family trees. Call J. E. Brown at 366-466-1074 for more information.
• Mountain View Baptist Church, 1232 Mountain View Church Road, Hamptonville, will host its 111th homecoming celebration with worship service at 10:30 a.m., homecoming meal at noon and special singing service at 6 p.m. For more information, call the church office at 336-468-8199.
• 3 p.m., the Walk for Hunger in memory of Susan Steelman will be held at the Yadkinville Community Park to benefit Yadkin Christian Ministries. Register at 2:30 p.m. on the day of the walk. Music will be provided by The Boys. For more information, call Janet Robbins at 336-971-1212.
• Mountain View Baptist Church, 1232 Mountain View Church Road, Hamptonville, will host fall revival services with guest speaker, Dr. Chris Schofield, director of the Office of Prayer for the NC Baptist State Convention, on Sunday at 8 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m., and Monday through Wednesday at 7 p.m. For more information, call the church office at 336-468-8199.
• 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Yadkin County Chamber of Commerce will hold its inaugural Showcase Yadkin business expo event at the Yadkin County Agricultural and Education Building on the campus of the Yadkin Center of Surry Community College, 2051 Agricultural Way, Yadkinville. The expo will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. with a Chamber Business After Hours to wrap up the day from 4 to 6 p.m. To learn more about the cost to showcase a Yadkin business, contact the chamber at 3366-679-2200.
• The Yadkin County Preschool Program is accepting NC Pre-K applications for the following locations: Boonville, Courtney, Fall Creek and West Yadkin. Applications are available at the local elementary schools as well as the Central Office location: 121 Washington Street, Yadkinville, NC. If you have questions regarding preschool, please contact Kristy Groce at 336-679-2051 or Cheryl Stinson at 336-518-4174.
• Yadkin Farmers Market: Local, Farm, Fresh, 1141 Tennessee St., Yadkinville, behind town park and Papa John’s Pizza, is open Tuesdays from 3 to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 1 to Oct. 13.
• The Yadkin County Beekeepers Association meets the second Monday of every month at the Yadkin Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville, with 6 p.m. dinner and social, 7 p.m. guest speaker. All visitors interested in bees and/or beekeeping are welcome.
• 1:30 to 5 p.m., a Bible study, “Returning to the Roots of Our Faith,” is held at a home in Yadkinville on Saturdays. For more information, call Doug Mann at 704-807-4736.