Send events to email@example.com by Monday at noon for the same week’s edition.
• 1 to 3 p.m., Wellness Fair at the YVEDDI District Office with information for seniors on medicare and Part D, Meals-on-Wheels, Legal Services, Weatherization, and much more. Transportation available from area senior centers. Flu shots available from Yadkin Valley Pharmacy (bring insurance card.)
• 7 p.m., Charity Baptist Church, 1500 Charity Church Road, Boonville, will host the Chuck Wagon Gang in concert.
• 9 a.m., the 2018 seminar to document the participants in the 1780 American Revolution Battle of Shallow Ford will be held in the fellowship hall of Huntsville Baptist Church, 4901 Courtney-Huntsville Road, Yadkinville. New participants include Patriot Maj. Joseph Cloyd of Pulaski, Virginia; Loyalists Col. Gideon Wright and Col. Hezekiah Wright, of Surry County, now Forsyth County; and Loyalist Pvt. Abraham Skidmore of Surry County, now Yadkin County. The event is sponsored by the Yadkin County Historical Society, the Jonathan Hunt Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution, the Yadkin Valley Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution, Children of the American Revolution, and the Loyalist Society of America. The event is open to anyone who is interested. For more information, contact Andrew Mackie at 336-428-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 5:30 to 10 p.m., the Yadkin County Republican Rally will be held at the Yadkin Moose Lodge. There will be chicken stew, hot dogs, dessert and drinks, as well as a live bluegrass band and guest speakers.
• 11 a.m., Charity Baptist Church, 1500 Charity Church Road, Boonville, will hold its annual homecoming service followed by a meal and fellowship time.
• 11 a.m., Asbury United Methodist Church, 1900 Asbury Church Road, Hamptonville, will host homecoming with a covered-dish meal to follow.
• 11 a.m., Branon Friends Church, 1333 Branon Church Road, Yadkinville, will host its homecoming with guest speaker, the Rev. Chris Hauser, and covered-dish meal to follow. For information, call 336-468-2222.
• 7 p.m., Branon Friends Church, 1333 Branon Church Road, Yadkinville, will hold fall revival nightly with special music and evangelist, the Rev. Johnathan Lotz, grandson of the late Rev. Billy Graham. For information, call 336-468-2222.
• 7 p.m., Charity Baptist Church, 1500 Charity Church Road, Boonville, will host revival featuring the Rev. Eddie Honeycutt as speaker.
• The 37th annual NRLHF Southeastern Primitive Rendezvous, depicting 1640-1840 colonial and mountain man era, will be held at 297 Reavis Road, Yadkinville, on the Davie and Yadkin county line. The encampment will be open to the public Oct. 20, 21 and 24 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The sutler/trading area will be open daily to the public from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. School day will be Oct. 23. The cost of admission is $5 for 13 and older, and free for those 12 and younger and school groups. No pets allowed. For more information, visit www.southeasternprimitiverendezvous.com or call Mickey Mikulis at 941-745-4103.
• 10 a.m., as part of its commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I, the Yadkin County Historical Society will remember the men and women who served from Yadkin County at the Yadkin County Senior Center, 204 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville. Descendants will be invited to read the names of the known veterans and casualties. Conscientious objectors also will be recognized. Attendees are invited to bring photographs, stories, songs, location of burial sites, and other artifacts associated with the Great War (1914-1918). For more information, contact email@example.com or call 336-428-8471.
• Mountain View Baptist Church, 1232 Mountain View Church Road, Hamptonville, will host fall revival services with guest speaker, Dr. Chris Schofield, director of the Office of Prayer for the NC Baptist State Convention, on Sunday at 8 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m., and Monday through Wednesday at 7 p.m. For more information, call the church office at 336-468-8199.
• 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Yadkin County Chamber of Commerce will hold its inaugural Showcase Yadkin business expo event at the Yadkin County Agricultural and Education Building on the campus of the Yadkin Center of Surry Community College, 2051 Agricultural Way, Yadkinville. The expo will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. with a Chamber Business After Hours to wrap up the day from 4 to 6 p.m. To learn more about the cost to showcase a Yadkin business, contact the chamber at 3366-679-2200.
• The Yadkin County Preschool Program is accepting NC Pre-K applications for the following locations: Boonville, Courtney, Fall Creek and West Yadkin. Applications are available at the local elementary schools as well as the Central Office location: 121 Washington Street, Yadkinville, NC. If you have questions regarding preschool, please contact Kristy Groce at 336-679-2051 or Cheryl Stinson at 336-518-4174.
• Yadkin Farmers Market: Local, Farm, Fresh, 1141 Tennessee St., Yadkinville, behind town park and Papa John’s Pizza, is open Tuesdays from 3 to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 1 to Oct. 13.
• The Yadkin County Beekeepers Association meets the second Monday of every month at the Yadkin Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville, with 6 p.m. dinner and social, 7 p.m. guest speaker. All visitors interested in bees and/or beekeeping are welcome.
• 1:30 to 5 p.m., a Bible study, “Returning to the Roots of Our Faith,” is held at a home in Yadkinville on Saturdays. For more information, call Doug Mann at 704-807-4736.