• Worship and celebration at Maplewood Baptist Church with guest preacher will be the Rev. Mark Creech, executive director of the Christian Action League of North Carolina. A nursery for infants and toddlers will be provided. The church is located off U.S. 421 at exit #256 (Unifi Industrial Road). For more information, call the church office at 336-679-3555 or check out website www.maplewoodbc.org.
• 6:30 to 8 p.m., Vacation Bible School at Yadkinville Church of Christ, 617 W. Main St. Mountain Top Experiences: Meeting God in the Wilderness. Call 336-679-8924 for more information.
• Baltimore United Methodist Church hosts G-Force: God’s Love in Action Vacation Bible School. The fun begins July 13 and ends July 17 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at 2419 Baltimore Road, East Bend. The adventure includes music that will wow your ears, interactive Bible fun, super science, cool crafts, hands-on mission work, delicious snacks, great games, and more. For more information, call the church office at 336-961-6055 or visit the church website www.baltimoreumc.com.
• New Birth Worship Center (NBWC) Church family will celebrate Pastor, Dr. James L.E. Hunt, and First Lady, Elvita A. Hunt 15th Pastoral Anniversary on July 18 and 19. On July 18, there will be a Banquet at the Elks Lodge, 2585 Griffith Road, Winston-Salem (Catered food, live gospel jazz, guest soloist, etc.) The guest speaker will be the Rev. Timothy W. Bridges, pastor of Shady Grove Baptist Church, East Spencer. (RSVP at 336-699-3583, $25 cash non-members). On July 19, Minister Kevin Gibson, associated minister of Friendship Baptist Church, Winston-Salem, will be the guest speaker at 10 a.m. at NBWC. Our theme is “A New Beginning, And A New Start.” For additional information, call the church, 336-699-3583 or visit www.newbirthworshipcenter.org . The address for NBWC is 1033 Newbirth Drive, East Bend.
• The deadline for submitting articles and photographs and ordering copies of The Heritage of Yadkin County, North Carolina, Volume III, has been extended to July 31. Articles need to be submitted to email@example.com. 5×7 glossy, black and white prints of original photos need to be mailed to PO Box 1250, Yadkinville, NC 27055, or dropped off at the Tulbert House, 216 N. Van Buren St., Yadkinville. The Tulbert House phone number is 336-679-2702. The office is open every Thursday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. or by appointment. The book committee meets the fourth Tuesday in every month at the Yadkin County Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville. Volunteers are needed to prepare the book for publication and sale.
• Yadkin Farmers Market has in season, local, farm fresh produce. Now featuring beans, potatoes, squash, broccoli, onions, honey, eggs, plants and more. Monthly drawings to win a market basket full of goodies. Located behind the Town Community Park at 1141 Tennessee St. Open Tuesday and Thursday 3 to 6 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m. to noon. Find us on Facebook.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.