• 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., spring fling will be held at Deep Creek Baptist with local vendors and crafters. Breakfast for purchase from 7 to 10 a.m. Car wash from 9 to 11 a.m.
• 7 a.m. to 10 a.m., Baltimore UMC East Bend will have a breakfast and bake sale hosted by the UMW. Breakfast is by donation. Plenty of homemade goodies will be on hand at the bake sale.
• 8 a.m. to noon, yard sale at Hanes Grove United Methodist Church, 2733 W. U.S. Hwy. 21, Hamptonville. Most items will be 50 cents with free hot dogs. Proceeds goes to new building fund.
• 9 a.m., New Birth Worship Center Missionary Society is sponsoring Family and Friends Day. Sunday school is at 9 a.m., praise and worship service at 9:45 a.m. and morning worship service , with Dr. James L.E. Hunt, will begin at 10 a.m. Lunch and fellowship will follow the morning worship service in the fellowship hall. The address is 1033 Newbirth Drive, East Bend. For more information, call 336-699-3583 or visit website www.newbirthworshipcenter.org.
• 6:45 p.m., Yadkinville Volunteer Fire Department annual meeting will be held at the fire station. This meeting will consist of time for members to elect three directors to serve a three-year term. The incumbents are Sam Williams, Charles Dinkins and Michael Willard.
• 12:30 p.m., Deep Creek Friends Meeting to host a golf tournament at Silo Run Golf Course. Registration begins at 12:30 pm. A free lunch begins at 12:30 pm. Putting contest at 1:30 p.m., and play time begins at 2 p.m. Cost is $200 per team (four-person team), $50 per golfer. Sponsors, door prizes, and players needed. If interested, contact Jay Brendle at 336-679-8089 or Jared Warden 336-428-0775.
• 7 p.m., Civitan Music in the Park will be held at Yadkinville Community Park on U.S. 601, with Stan Bobbitt playing oldies and gospel. In case of rain, concert will move to Yadkinville School. No alcohol and no coolers. Hamburgers, hot dogs, snacks and homemade ice cream by Yadkin Civitan.
• 7 p.m., Civitan Music in the Park will be held at Yadkinville Community Park on U.S. 601, with Sound Factory playing country and oldies. In case of rain, concert will move to Yadkinville Elementary School. No alcohol and no coolers. Hamburgers, hot dogs, snacks and homemade ice cream by Yadkin Civitan.
• The Yadkin County Beekeepers Association meets the second Monday of every month at the Yadkin Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville, with 6 p.m. dinner and social, 7 p.m. guest speaker. All visitors interested in bees and/or beekeeping are welcome.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.