• 10 a.m., New Birth Worship Center (NBWC), 1033 Newbirth Drive, East Bend, will celebrate its pastor, Dr. James L.E. Hunt, and First Lady Elvita A. Hunt, on their 17th Pastoral Anniversary Celebration. The morning worship speaker will be the Rev. William Conrad from Mooresville.
• 6 to 8:30 p.m., Hero Central Vacation Bible School hosted by East Bend United Network of Methodist Churches. There will be classes and activities for all ages, from preschool through adults. Events will be held at Prospect United Methodist Church, 3541 Smithtown Road, East Bend. A meal will be served each night. For transportation or more information, contact any of the participating churches: Baltimore UMC 336-961-6055, East Bend UMC 336-793-7284, Mt. Pleasant UMC 336-699-3350, New Home UMC 336-699-2288, Prospect UMC 336-699-3350, Shady Grove UMC 336-699-2288, Stony Knoll UMC 336-793-7284.
• Revival at Marler Road Baptist, 4433 Collins Road, Hamptonville, with Bro. Joe Myers. Sunday school 10 a.m., Sunday worship 11 a.m., Sunday 6 p.m., Monday through Wednesday 7 p.m. Special Singing each service. For more information, call 336-468-8610.
• Yadkin Farmers Market is now open for the season. The market is located at 1141 Tennessee St., Yadkinville, behind town park and Papa John’s Pizza. Hours are Tuesdays 3 to 6 p.m., and Saturdays 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• The Yadkin County Beekeepers Association meets the second Monday of every month at the Yadkin Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville, with 6 p.m. dinner and social, 7 p.m. guest speaker. All visitors interested in bees and/or beekeeping are welcome.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.